Lorraine is our Head of Property Department. She qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 and has practised property law in London, Maidenhead and Aylesbury, gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience in both residential and commercial property transactions.
Lorraine grew up in and around the Thame area, attending Lord Williams’s School before moving to London to attend university. She received an award from the Law Society for being the highest attaining pupil in her year on the Legal Practice Course and went on to train and work in London for a number of years.
Lorraine now lives near to the Stone office of Cartmell & Co with her young family and plays an active part in the community including being a governor at a local school.
Lorraine has acted in a wide a range of matters including high value property transactions, new builds, shared ownership purchases, re-mortgages, self-build renovation and redevelopment mortgages, unregistered land and first registrations, transfers of equity, sales in matrimonial proceedings, probate sales and right to buy.
In addition to standard property transactions, Lorraine has experience including:
- Land sales and purchases, pre-emption and option agreements, conditional contracts and wayleave agreements.
- Leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Contentious and non-contentious landlord and tenant matters and employer letting agreements
- Property development
- Bringing and defending mortgage repossession proceedings
- Auction sales and purchases
- Farms and agricultural buildings
- The letting and acquisition of commercial properties ranging from pubs, cafes, shops and shopping centre units to office buildings, garages and warehouses.
Lorraine appreciates that any property transaction can be stressful and believes strongly that excellent customer service is essential to make the experience run as smoothly as possible.
Alongside property law, Lorraine has acted in a variety of areas including general litigation, family law, probate, private client and employment law. This experience assists when advising in property transactions, especially when dealing with matrimonial sales and charges or probate sales.
Career and Education
- 2017: Head of Property, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2015: Associate Solicitor, Parrott & Coales LLP
- 2010: Associate Solicitor, Bayers Solicitors
- 2007: Assistant Solicitor, Myers, Fletcher & Gordon Solicitors
- 2003: Paralegal, Trainee and Assistant Solicitor, A S Law Practice
- 2002: Outdoor clerk in criminal and family courts, Darryl Ingram & Co
- 2002: Legal Practice Course
- 1999: LLB (Hons) Law Degree