Lorraine is our Head of Property Department. She qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 and has practised property law in London, Maidenhead and Aylesbury, gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience in both residential and commercial property transactions.
She grew up in the local area, moving to London to attend university. She received an award from the Law Society for being the highest attaining pupil in her year on the Legal Practice Course and went on to train and work in London for a number of years. Now living locally, she plays an active part in the community, reinforcing her local contacts and knowledge.
Lorraine appreciates that any property transaction can be stressful and believes strongly that excellent customer service is essential to make the experience run as smoothly as possible.
Alongside property law, Lorraine has acted in a variety of areas including general litigation, family law, probate, private client and employment law. This experience assists when advising in property transactions, especially when dealing with matrimonial sales and charges or probate sales.
Lorraine has acted in a wide a range of matters including high-value property transactions, new builds, shared ownership purchases, re-mortgages, self-build renovation and redevelopment mortgages, unregistered land and first registrations, transfers of equity, sales in matrimonial proceedings, probate sales and right to buy.
In addition to standard property transactions, Lorraine has experience including:
- Land sales and purchases, pre-emption and option agreements, conditional contracts and wayleave agreements
- Leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Contentious and non-contentious landlord and tenant matters and employer letting agreements
- Property development
- Bringing and defending mortgage repossession proceedings
- Auction sales and purchases
- Farms and agricultural buildings
- The letting and acquisition of commercial properties ranging from pubs, cafes, shops and shopping centre units to office buildings, garages and warehouses.