Eleanor is a Senior Associate in the Residential Property Department and Deputy Head of Property working closely with Lorraine. She qualified as a Legal Executive in 2006 and has practised in Aylesbury and Oxford gaining a wealth of experience in residential property transactions.
Eleanor grew up in and around the Aylesbury area, attending Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School before embarking on her legal career in an established law firm in Aylesbury.
Eleanor now lives in Haddenham with her family and has many local connections, playing an active part in the community. She is a governor at Haddenham Community Infant School.
In her spare time, she can be found taking her children to various clubs and activities but she loves to make time for the local gym and to spend as much time as possible with her friends and family.
Eleanor deals with all aspects of residential property transactions including high value, newbuilds, shared ownership and help to buy, renovations, investment properties, unregistered land, transfers of equity and right to buy.
In addition to standard property transactions, Eleanor has experience including:
- Land sales and purchases
- Easements – granting and extinguishing
- Lease extensions
- Auction sales and purchases
- Transfers of part
- Acting for small developers in acquiring sites and selling individual plots
- Attending to all lending facilities, including re-mortgages and bridging loans acting for both individual clients and lenders directly
- Adverse possession claims
- Grants of residential leases.
Eleanor works closely with local contacts to build working relationships, establishing her excellent local reputation alongside her exceptional client care skills. Her clients continue to return to her time after time, frequently referring friends and colleagues.
Prior to joining Cartmell & Co, Eleanor gained experience at a Legal 500 firm based in Oxford and at smaller local firms, working in the legal sector for nearly 20 years.
Career and Education
- 2018: Senior Associate and Deputy Head of Property, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2018: Senior Associate at Freeths Solicitors, Oxford
- 2017: Partner, Parrott & Coales LLP
- 2015: Head of Residential Property, Parrott & Coales LLP
- 2014: Chartered Legal Executive, ASK Legal LLP
- 2000: Trainee Legal Executive qualifying as Chartered Legal Executive, Parrott & Coales LLP
- 1999: Legal Secretary, Rothmans (UK) Limited