Cartmell & Co is a modern, ambitious and fast-growing law firm located in Buckinghamshire.
We are looking to recruit talented people that can grow with us and share and contribute to our success.
If you are ambitious, forward-thinking and ready to join a law firm that is fast-paced and friendly then we would love to hear from you.
Our current vacancies are detailed in the section below.
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated solicitor of circa 3–5 years’ PQE to join our busy and expanding family department.
The successful candidate will be bright, ambitious and technically competent in all areas of family law including advising clients on divorce and financial settlements, separation, cohabitation, children, and nuptial agreements. Your client-facing skills will be second to none, as the role involves a significant amount of client contact.
Skills and attributes
- Outstanding communication and advocacy skills
- Confident in handling your own caseload
- Excellent organisational skills – particularly diary, file and time management
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and proactive approach
- IT skills including Outlook, Word & Excel
- Approachable and empathetic
- Team player
We are looking for a talented person that can grow, share and contribute to our success. If you are genuinely passionate about this area of law, forward-thinking and ready to join a law firm that is fast-paced with a friendly atmosphere, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and CV to Mags@cartmell-solicitors.co.uk.
No agencies please.
(All full-time positions unless specified – last updated: February 2019)
What we offer
- Competitive salary package and development opportunities.
- A fantastic set up and team to support you.
- Positive encouragement to develop your career and help our firm to differentiate itself.
We are always looking at new ways to provide excellent levels of both client care and employee support.
All of our people:
- care about clients and fellow staff
- work hard
- maintain their sense of humour and personality
- work together as an effective team to provide a top-quality service
- know that to progress and achieve, we need our individuals to continually improve and grow.
- Private Client Secretary based at our Stone office.
- Property Secretary/Receptionist based at our Stone office.
- Senior Associate Property Lawyer based at our Stone office.
- Accounts clerk working within our Operations team based at our Chalfont office.
- Receptionist working with all of our teams based at our Chalfont office.
- Solicitor based at our Stone office working within our Residential Property team.
- Credit Controller/Executive working with our Office team.
- Marketing and Business Development Executive developing our business and our connections.
- Legal Secretary/Receptionist at our Stone office.
- Office Manager to work with the Management Team to manage the day-to-day operations across the firm, covering all our offices.
- Solicitor and Head of Department in our Family Department covering all offices.
- Solicitor and Head of Department in our Property Department covering all offices.
- Trainee Solicitors at Chalfont and Stone offices.
- Private Client Executive in our Private Client Department at our Chalfont office.
- Bookkeeper based at our Chalfont St Giles office.