Lucy qualified as a Solicitor in February 2011, and has spent her career so far practising in and around Buckinghamshire. While building up relationships with local clients, she has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience in all areas of Private Client work.
Lucy grew up locally, attending Aylesbury High School for girls before moving to attend University in Bournemouth and later the College of Law in Chester.
As part of our Private Client Department, Lucy specialises in Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Tax/Care Fees Planning, Probate and Estate Administration, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work. She has very sound knowledge in advising clients on all aspects of these areas of law, offering legal assistance at what can often be a difficult time for clients, providing an understanding and personable approach along with a high level of client care.
Lucy understands that clients cannot always attend our offices, and is therefore more than happy to make visits to clients in their homes, in hospitals or in hospices.
- Lucy has a wealth of experience in taking instructions for, and the drafting of, Wills and Codicils. Lucy has a strong understanding of different Trust arrangements for the protection of assets and estate planning, and is keen to advise clients on the best structure for both their financial and personal circumstances.
- Lucy can assist clients in all services relating to Lasting Powers of Attorney (both Property & Financial and Health & Welfare) and the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Lucy is an experienced Probate solicitor, with knowledge of all aspects of the estate administration process, advising on both taxable and non-taxable estates, completing and submitting Inheritance Tax accounts, preparing Estate Accounts and obtaining the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration on Intestacy (where the deceased leaves no Will). Lucy can also advise on and prepare a Deed of Variation should the estate of the deceased need to be varied in any way.
Career and Education
- 2017: Associate Solicitor, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2017: Associate Solicitor, Blaser Mills LLP
- 2011: Assistant Solicitor, DC Kaye & Co Solicitors
- 2010: Trainee Solicitor, DC Kaye & Co Solicitors
- 2009: Legal Practice Course, College of Law
- 2005: LLB (Hons) Degree, Bournemouth University