Louise is part of the Private Client Department, where she assists our lawyers in a range of areas including Wills, Trusts, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work. She undertakes day-to-day estate administration work, preparing estate accounts on probate matters, drafting, completing work involving the land registry and liaising with clients.
- Prior to joining Cartmell & Co, Louise worked as the Paralegal for Belmond, the New York Stock Exchange listed hotel group. In that position, Louise prepared and negotiated commercial contracts and non-disclosure agreements for all areas of the business; set up data privacy registrations; assisted on litigation cases; and managed the company secretarial work for the group’s UK incorporated companies.
- Before commencing her studies in Law, Louise worked for over 10 years in the PR industry, specialising in communications for international hotel groups such as Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts and Orient-Express Hotels.
- So, alongside her developing legal career, Louise has the advantage of many years’ previous commercial experience as a PR and communications specialist for a variety of international travel and hospitality companies. Louise effectively applies her commercial awareness when reviewing legal matters and has had valuable experience from a London–based in-house legal team.
Career and Education
- 2017: Trainee Solicitor at Cartmell & Co
- 2016: Paralegal, Belmond Ltd
- 2016: Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation)
- Currently studying the LPC at BPP in London (completion early 2018)
- 2010: PR Director, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
- 2006: PR Executive, Orient-Express Hotels
- 2003: work at various PR Agencies
- 2002: BSc Audio Music Technology (Anglia Ruskin University)