Laura is part of the Private Client Department, where she assists in a range of matters related to Wills, Probate, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work.
- Prior to joining Cartmell & Co, Laura worked for Citizens Advice County Durham, as an Advocate for Adults with Learning Disabilities. In that position Laura assisted individuals to secure their legal and human rights and to ensure they were involved in decisions that affected them.
- Laura has previous experience of supporting clients in Family Court and Court of Protection proceedings, especially where the client lacked the capacity to litigate. This has included drafting witness statements and position statements, and acting as a McKenzie or Litigation Friend.
- Additionally, Laura has supported clients in a range of other matters including conducting appeals to the local government contesting housing and social care payments, negotiating disputes between family members, or disputes between individuals and the local authority.
Career and Education
- 2017: Trainee Solicitor at Cartmell & Co
- 2017: Completed the LPC at BPP in London
- 2014: Advocate for Adults with Learning Disabilities, Citizens Advice
- 2013: Bar Professional Training Course (Nottingham Trent University) ‘Very Competent’
- 2012: M. Jur (University of Durham)
- 2011: M. Litt (University of St. Andrews)
- 2011: LLB Hons (1st Class) (University of Buckingham)