Johanna is a key member of our Private Client team and has many years’ experience as a qualified Solicitor specialising exclusively in Wills, Probate, Trusts and Court of Protection work.
She is a Full Accredited Member of The Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), which is the worldwide body of specialists in estate administration and trusts. She is also a Full Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and the Law Society’s Private Client Section.
She lives in Chalfont St Giles and enjoys playing an active part in the local community.
- Johanna advises on all types of Wills, from straightforward mirror wills to more complex Trust arrangements for the protection of assets and estate planning generally. She will also advise on Trusts for disabled and vulnerable beneficiaries and will recommend to clients the best structure for their financial position and personal wishes.
- As an experienced Probate Solicitor, with expert knowledge on all aspects of the estate administration process, Johanna can advise on taxable and non-taxable estates, completing and submitting Inheritance Tax accounts, obtaining the Grant of Representation, administration of the estate and compiling estate accounts. She also has experience in dealing with business assets, foreign assets and trust administration and the respective Inheritance Tax aspects of these areas. Johanna also advises on Deeds of Variation.
- Johanna has acted in many Court of Protection cases, and has a full working knowledge of the process and the requirements for making applications for Deputyship Orders and requesting Emergency Orders. She has made successful applications for Statutory Wills and for gifts to be made from the estates of those who lack capacity.
- She offers comprehensive advice on the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney, preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney (Property & Financial Affairs and Health & Welfare) and submitting applications to the Office of the Public Guardian.
Career and Education
- 2014: Solicitor, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2012: Solicitor, Gordons Solicitors
- 2007: Solicitor, Chebsey and Co
- 2001: Solicitor, Baily Gibson
- 1999: Trainee Solicitor, Baily Gibson
- 1997: Legal Assistant, Baily Gibson