James is our Lead Company & Commercial Solicitor who assists in the Dispute Resolution and Employment department.
He attended Aylesbury Grammar School before studying Law and Economics at Keele University and remained working in the Home Counties. He has amassed commercial and private practice experience in a range of areas including company matters, litigation and employment. James qualified as a Solicitor in 2016 and is based at our Chalfont St Giles office.
James applies a pragmatic and straightforward approach by analysing information and establishing the key issues at hand. He focuses on achieving cost-effective solutions and results in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- James acts for individuals, partners, shareholders and companies and advises on a broad range of company and commercial matters.
- He has experience in debt recovery matters and commercial litigation including low-value and high-value claims through the County Court.
- James frequently advises on various issues arising from commercial disputes, contracts, landlord and tenant disputes, property repossessions and consumer complaints.
- He also advises on both contentions and non-contentious employment-related issues.
Career and Education
- 2018: Solicitor, Company & Commercial and Dispute Resolution, Cartmell & Co
- 2016: Solicitor, Dispute Resolution, Employment & Commercial, Horwood & James LLP
- 2014: Trainee Solicitor, Horwood & James LLP, Aylesbury
- 2013: Paralegal, Shoosmiths LLP, Milton Keynes
- 2011: Legal Assistant, Dawsongroup plc, Milton Keynes
- 2011: Legal Practice Course at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
- 2010: LLB Law Degree, Keele University