Helen qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2008 and is a Full Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
As part of the Private Client team she specialises exclusively in Wills, Trusts, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work. She has good knowledge in advising clients on all aspects of these matters, offering legal assistance at what can often be a difficult time for clients, providing an understanding approach and a high level of client care.
Helen had previously practised in the Thames Valley area and is Clerk to two Charities based in Maidenhead, Berkshire, which she is proud to be a part of.
- Helen has significant experience in taking instructions for both straightforward Wills and Codicils and also advising on Trust arrangements for the protection of assets and estate planning generally. She can advise clients on the best structure for their financial position, personal wishes and having regard to individual family circumstances.
- Helen offers a full service to advise on and prepare and register Lasting Powers of Attorney (Property & Financial Affairs and Health & Welfare) and the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- She has made many successful applications to the Court of Protection and offers advice on the complexities of the process and the requirements.
- Helen is an experienced Probate practitioner, with knowledge on all aspects of the estate administration process, advising on taxable and non-taxable estates, completing and submitting Inheritance Tax accounts, preparing Estate Accounts and obtaining the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration on Intestacy. Helen also prepares Deeds of Variation and has experience in dealing with foreign assets and trust administration.
Career and Education
- 2015: Chartered Legal Executive, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2012: Chartered Legal Executive, Gordons Solicitors
- 2008: Chartered Legal Executive, Chebsey & Co Solicitors
- 2002: Trainee Legal Executive, Abbott Lloyd Howorth