Andrew qualified as a Solicitor in 1991 and in over 26 years of legal practice has developed wide-ranging experience in all aspects of legal work and in particular Company and Commercial work, Fraud, Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
As part of the Company & Commercial and Litigation & Dispute Resolution departments, he specialises in Company Regulation, Directors’ Fiduciary Duties, Commercial Disputes, Employment, Insolvency, Reputation Management and a comprehensive range of Dispute Resolution and Litigation matters within Private, Public Authority, Local Government and Commercial arenas.
Andrew is recognised as a practical and plain-talking lawyer who brings his extensive knowledge and experience to providing effective, real-time solutions to problems that would otherwise keep you awake at night. His attention to detail while efficiently identifying cost-effective resolutions to problems is renowned. His clients appreciate they would rather have him on “their side” than opposing them.
Andrew has practised nationally within a number of Legal 100 firms before electing to resettle in the South East of England.
- High Court Civil and Commercial dispute resolution/litigation including regulatory breaches, contractual and consumer disputes, reputation management and protection issues, injunctions, judicial review, bankruptcy, directors’ and trustees’ responsibilities and disqualification, insolvency, trust disputes, pension liberation, tax and communications regulation.
- Employment issues and disputes for Employers and Employees.
- Regulatory breaches involving bribery, corruption, money laundering and sanctions.
- Data protection, confidentiality, human rights, freedom of information and professional privilege compliance and breach issues.
- Claimant and Defence personal injury and clinical negligence actions.
- Advocacy within the Civil and Criminal courts and Tribunal matters.
- Planning and licence disputes, change of use, tenancy disputes.
- Civil and criminal fraud, contempt of court and perjury proceedings, financial and identity crime.
- The design, implementation and operation of internal audit, counter fraud and regulatory controls within various private and public sector organisations.
- Training (at managerial and staff levels) in dispute resolution, private client matters, counter fraud, error, bribery, corruption and money laundering measures, risks and recovery.
- Project and change management, marketing, client relationship and new business development, quality implementation and audit including ISO90001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and LEXCEL.
- Tender preparation and presentations.
Career and Education
- 2017: Head of Company & Commercial and Head of Dispute Resolution & Litigation, Cartmell & Co Solicitors
- 2013: Company Solicitor and Principal, Bluebird Care (Medway and Ashford & Swale)
- 2013: Consultant Solicitor, Setfords Solicitors
- 2011: Solicitor and Director, Griffin Law
- 2011: Director, FRAUDIT – Asset Protection and Recovery Solutions
- 2009: Partner and Head of Casualty & Non Motor Fraud, Weightmans LLP
- 2006: Partner and Head of Forensic Investigation Team & Complex Credit Hire Team, DAC Beachcroft
- 2004: Associate Solicitor and Operations Director within the Specialist Claims (Fraud) Unit, Keoghs LLP
- 2003: Partner and Head of Civil Litigation & Claimant Personal Injury, Simpson & Co Solicitors
- 1998: Partner and Head of Claimant Personal Injury, Sydney Mitchell Solicitors
- 1995: Solicitor, Amery-Parkes Solicitors
- 1994: Solicitor, Stanger, Stacey Solicitors
- 1989: Article Clerk / Solicitor, Loosemores Solicitors