1. How can I structure my Will to ensure that my share of my home and assets passes to my children on my wife’s death? Can I protect them from any change in her circumstances after my death?
2. Who should I choose as Executors and guardians and what do those roles involve in practice?
3. My wife and I own assets greater than the Inheritance Tax (IHT) threshold (currently £325,000). How can we implement IHT planning within our Wills?
4. How can we structure our Wills to protect our estate from being used up by nursing and care fees?
5. How can we pass our assets to our children to avoid potential claims from their spouses on a divorce or from others claiming against their assets?
6. What are the usual substitute provisions put into Wills in the event that our primary beneficiaries die before us?
7. How are funeral provisions and wishes usually dealt with in Wills?
8. How would our Wills be administered if your firm was appointed to act as Executors or if you were asked by our family to administer our Estate? What are the current Probate procedures and costs?
9. Overall, how can we ensure the Will is correctly drawn up, certify its validity and ensure that all of the legal necessities as to capacity, knowledge and understanding of what is being carried out are formally covered?