The practice was founded in 2013 by Robert Cartmell. We now have over 25 people in our legal teams based at our three offices offering a full range of legal services.
“Having experienced working in all aspects of a Solicitor’s firm – from a clerk, to a trainee, to a solicitor, to Partner and to Senior Partner, I wanted to recognise and provide what our clients want from their local solicitors. My aim has always been to provide the full legal service in a more cost-efficient way.
To achieve this, we are located in convenient village locations providing a local service. We do not hide behind a faceless name, we are people who are accountable and responsible to provide the best care, service and experience we can possibly provide. We combine ease of access and locality with the best speed and efficiency we can provide in our systems. We constantly strive to put us ahead of the competition in terms of the quality and delivery of our service and the care and experience we provide.
I was keen to set up my own Practice so that I could establish from scratch good core principles and systems of work from the outset in both our client care and in the conduct of all of our legal work. I chose to locate the Practice in Chalfont St Giles as I felt there was a need there for a strong experienced all-round solicitor to provide a full local legal service in the village. I have many fond memories of growing up in St Giles and wished to give something back to the community by becoming a trusted, local solicitor and be an active member of the village, as well as serve the needs of the wider community in the Chilterns.
Since establishing in Chalfont St Giles, we then opened our second office in my local neighbourhood of Stone, near Aylesbury. As with Chalfont St Giles, there is an ongoing need for a well-rounded, reliable firm of solicitors to serve the local village, as well as larger communities including Aylesbury, Haddenham, Fairford Leys, Dinton and Cuddington.
We have most recently taken up a third office, located in Great Missenden, to provide a further point of access for our clients for meetings and to re-establish a connection with the locality where I spent much of my legal career. I have worked with a number of people and businesses in that area and it is a real pleasure to be able to serve the local community in that area once again.
We are now serving a wide range of both private and business clients from the Chilterns but also London and much further afield. Our offices are in convenient locations with easy parking and, as ever, we are happy to travel to see our clients if it is more convenient for them. We continue to grow and expand our expertise, providing the support our clients expect and deserve.”
Robert Cartmell: Founder
Our ethos is simple: we adopt the approach of a local village/market town practice by offering a personal and bespoke service to all of our clients, whilst providing a full legal service in all aspects of their personal and professional lives. Our aim is to be the most approachable law firm, achieving excellence for our clients in all mainstream areas of the law.
Sponsorships and Support
As a progressive and supportive local practice we are very keen to help charities, local organisations and the local community where we can.
Here are examples of where we are proud supporters/sponsors…
- Milton’s Cottage Trust – we are the official solicitors for the Trust supporting Milton’s Cottage
- Chiltern MS Centre – Founder Platinum Sponsor of the centre’s Corporate Friends Scheme
- Chiltern MS Centre – support for all the ‘Walk the Mile’ events and sponsorship of the Aylesbury ‘Walk the Mile’
- Founding organisation for The Aylesbury Group (TAG) for Senior Professionals in and around Aylesbury Vale
- Aylesbury Choral Society
- Universal Care – provision of legal services and support
- Chalfont Village Show – sponsorship, promotion and participation in the event
- Jordans Music Club – helping to support the summer season of events
- CSG Bowls Club
- CSG Village Newsletter – sponsorship
- Offering our services for Will drafting free of charge in return for clients making a donation in various schemes during the year such as for:
- Will Aid – we have supported this national scheme for many years, the clients’ donations go to selected charities
- Hospice of St Francis Berkhamsted – Make a Will Month
- Rennie Grove – Make Your Will Month
- The St Giles Parish Church – Make Your Will Month
- Macmillan – fund-raising event sponsorship
- Stone Village Sausage & Beer Festival – sponsorship and promotion
- Supporting local schools, scouts group, parish magazines and local newsletters