The practice was founded in 2013 by Robert Cartmell. We now have over 15 people in our legal teams, covering two well-established offices offering a full range of legal services.
“Having experienced working in all aspects of a Solicitor’s firm – from a clerk, to a trainee, to a solicitor, to Partner and to Senior Partner, I wanted to recognise and provide what our clients want from their local solicitors. My aim has always been to provide the full legal service in a more cost-efficient way.
I was keen to set up my own Practice so that I could establish from scratch good core principles and systems of work from the outset in both our client care and in the conduct of all of our legal work. I chose to locate the Practice in Chalfont St Giles as I felt there was a need there for a strong experienced all-round solicitor to provide a full local legal service in the village. I have many fond memories of growing up in St Giles and wished to give something back to the community by becoming a trusted, local solicitor and be an active member of the village, as well as serve the needs of the wider community in the Chilterns.
Since establishing in Chalfont St Giles, we then opened our second office in my local neighbourhood of Stone, near Aylesbury. As with Chalfont St Giles, there is an ongoing need for a well-rounded, reliable firm of solicitors to serve the local village, as well as larger communities including Aylesbury, Haddenham, Fairford Leys, Dinton and Cuddington.
We are now serving a wide range of both private and business clients from the Chilterns but also London and much further afield. Our offices are in convenient locations with easy parking and, as ever, we are happy to travel to see our clients if it is more convenient for them. We continue to grow and expand our expertise, providing the support our clients expect and deserve.”
Robert Cartmell: Founder
Our ethos is simple: we adopt the approach of a local village/market town practice by offering a personal and bespoke service to all of our clients, whilst providing a full legal service in all aspects of their personal and professional lives. Our aim is to be the most approachable law firm, achieving excellence for our clients in all mainstream areas of the law.
Sponsorships and Support
As a progressive and supportive local practice we are very keen to help charities, local organisations and the local community where we can.
We are proud supporters of:
- The St Giles Parish Church – offering our services for Will drafting free of charge in return for clients making a donation to the Church
- Milton’s Cottage Trust – we are the official solicitors for the Trust supporting Milton’s Cottage
- Chiltern MS Centre – Platinum Sponsor of the centre’s Corporate Friends Scheme, sponsorship of the Aylesbury and Thame “Walk the Mile” annual events
- Aylesbury Choral Society
- Chalfont Village Show – sponsorship and participation in the event
- Jordans Music Club – sponsorship
- CSG – Bowls Club
- Will Aid – we have supported this scheme for many years, by offering our services for Will drafting free of charge in return for clients making a donation to selected charities
- Macmillan – fund-raising event sponsorship
- Rennie House Wills Month – offering our services for Will drafting free of charge in return for clients making a donation to the charity
- Jordans Music Club – helping to support events
- Stone Village Sausage & Beer Festival
- Supporting local schools, scouts group, parish magazines and local newsletters